Are you wondering who has the cheapest car insurance in Michigan? While car insurance rate in Michigan varies from one company to another, there is always a chance for you to find the one that provides affordable quotes. To help you find more affordable insurance quote for your car, below we have gathered any information that might be useful for you.
Cheap Car Insurance Providers in Michigan
The average car insurance rate in Michigan is actually quite high since it is considered to be 70 percent more than the average of the country. But, there are some companies that offer a more affordable rate than the average. Quoted based on a 30-year-old single male driver, here are some companies that offer cheaper car insurance in Michigan.
- MetLife: This insurer is found to be the cheapest one among the other car insurance carriers in Michigan. It offers the lowest average rate of $1,159 per year.
- Hastings Mutual: At the second place, there is Hastings Mutual which has average rate at $1,395.
- Chubb: Then, Chubb comes to follow Hastings Mutual with a quite higher rate. In this case, it has an average of $1,735 for the rate.
- Pioneer State Mutual: Next, we have Pioneer State Mutual that has an average rate of $1,996 annually.
- MEEMIC: MEEMIC offers an average rate that is over $2,000 annually which is $2,028. But, it is still lower than the average rate in Michigan. On the other hand, this company offers car insurance for educators only.
Those are several companies that offer the cheapest car insurance in Michigan. However, it must be noted that the insurance quote can be different regarding where you exactly live, park and drive your car. The different job title may influence the rate that you will get too. So, it is better to check car insurance quote based on your current circumstances.
Affordable Car Insurance in Michigan by City
As mentioned above, where you exactly live, park and drive your car will affect how much the rate that you have to pay. For example, a city likes Detroit which is no doubt most populous one in Michigan. This city is famous for its expensive insurance rate. Based on the same category we use before, the average rate in Detroit is $6,197 which is higher than the average rate of Michigan itself.
However, you can still get a company that offers a lower insurance rate. In this case, MetLife offers an average rate below $2,000. Then, other companies like Hastings Mutual, Chubb and Farm Bureau have an average rate at $3,000-$3,500.
In contrast to Detroit, Ann Arbor has such an affordable car insurance rate. Considered as one of the best places to live, this city has a reasonable cost of living and claimed as the second best city to stay for car insurance since it has 27 percent cheaper rate than the average rate of the state.
Now, you have learned about who has the cheapest car insurance in Michigan. You can use this information to get started with your homework. Good luck!